Tuesday 3 May 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - 10 characters we'd like to revisit as adults



It's that time again for a Top Ten Tuesday by the wonderful people at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is Top 10 childhood characters we'd to revisit as adults however, we have decided to do our top 10 general fictional characters otherwise the entire list would just be every character in the Harry Potter series. So without further ado..

1. The Raven Gang (The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater)
As you may not know, I did not like the ending of The Raven King (spoiler-free review here.) I feel like none of our beloved characters got closure and so every member of the 'Gangsey' should be written about ten years later. Did they actually mourn Noah? Did Adam become successful? Did he and Ronan live happily ever after? What about Blue and Gansey? Let's get better closure!!

2. Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling)
Okay, I couldn't not add my sweet child to this list. "Oh but Angharad, J.K. Rowling did nineteen years later?" I hear you all asking but I will not be satisfied until all of Harry's life is written down for me to read. People underestimate my love for the boy who lived. Just an average Sunday where Harry spends time with his grandchildren, levitating things to make them smile. Sign me up!

3. Sydney (Vicious by V.E. Schwab)
My sweet summer child. I would like to visit Sydney when she is older, considering she is 12 years old when we first meet her. In only one book, she develops so much as a person and a character and I would love to see how she ends up. Is she still friends with Victor? Is she coping with her ability? V.E. Schwab needs to write more female characters.

4. Liz Emerson (Falling into Place by Amy Zhang)
When we meet Liz Emerson in this novel, she is not in a good place. She wants to die as she feels there is no chance of redeeming herself after all the horrible things she has done. Although we get a small snippet of Liz in the epilogue, I would still like to visit her 10 years later. She is a morally grey character which I love in a protagonist but I would like to see how her suicide-attempt affected her and if she changed as a person.

5. Camille & Amma (Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn)
Were there ever two more complex characters than these two? It is no secret that Flynn is capable of instilling fear into our hearts over how good she is at writing terrible and frightening characters. These two half-sisters are characters I would love to revisit. Without spoiling the novel, I want to see the person Amma becomes and if Camille stands any chance of recovery.


6. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins)
There is not one person in this world that doesn't know who Katniss is but do we know what her life is like ten years later? Nope. Would we like to? Yep. How is she coping after the death of Prim? Is she still in contact with Gale? I would like to hear more about her PTSD and hope it didn't magically disappear and also Peeta's. Before the children and their 'happily ever after.'

7. Lia (Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson) 
We meet Lia, a young girl struggling with anorexia and body dysmorphia, as she comes to terms with the sudden death of her friend, Cassie. We see her difficult journey but we eventually see the start of her recovery so we would love to see what she is like 10 years later. Is she healthy? How is her relationship with her mum? Did she see Elijah again? 

8. Elisa (Fire and Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson) At the end of The Bitter Kingdom (without giving away too many spoilers), Elisa has shown her country's enemies who's boss and got her happy ending. However, with this sort of ending, I always wonder if the happiness stuck around. What was the rest of Elisa's rule (and relationship) like? I (quite unexpectedly) really enjoyed this series, and definitely wouldn't complain if I learned more about the story later down the line!

9. Katsa (Graceling Trilogy by Kristin Cashore) Graceling was my favourite book in this series, and although Katsa appeared in Bitterblue, I've always wanted to read more about her. She progressed so much throughout the trilogy and I would love to know more about her adventures, the school she founded, and of course, her and Po.

10. Amy Elliot Dunne (Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn)
My forever antagonist. What happened with her and Nick? Did they have the baby? Did Nick stay with her? Did she cull her murderous ways? I love Amy, I love how she's complex. Yes, she's nuts but she's interesting and I want to see how she is 10 years later. We had such an ambiguous ending but I would love to see Gillian's thoughts on what happened to the toxic pair.


Do you agree with any of our choices?
Leave us a comment!










3 comments :

  1. what a beautifully presented post - it made me smile :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a kind thing to say, thank you very much and for linking us to yours!

      Delete
  2. Eeep, I ABSOLUTELY want more Raven Boys! I think it was right that it was all left open though? Because their stories weren't over at all...buuuut, I do want more. (And I REALLY wanted to know more about Noah omg.) And yes yes to a Hunger Games one. I want to know about Katniss and Peeta's kids and whether they could have that "happily ever after" after all that they went through?! I HAVE QUESTIONS. *sobs*

    ReplyDelete